Monday, January 30, 2012

Send Me Soaring & a Fab Frame

I love this stamp set from the Occasions Mini, it's called Send me Soaring. Isn't it a versatile and fun set? Unfortunately, after taking ages to sponge my clouds and make the hills, I placed the 3 kites too close together and not in a very pleasing 'order'. BUT, once you've inked those tails you're committed! I tried to retrieve it with the 3 birds from 'Up, Up & Away' to balance out the left upper side. It's OK, good enough to send to a friend in Russia who has the flu. Get well soon, George!

Here's a closer look at the kites.
Recipe
Stamps : Send me Soaring, Up Up & Away (birds), Confetti
Ink : Marina Mist, Basic Black, Old Olive
Cardstock : Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Shimmery White
Accessories : Sponge, Circle Punches, Edgelit Die (to make the hills)

One of my sweet customers (and now friend!), Linda Leslie, came along to club this weekend with a 'show and tell'. I thought this was just the sweetest thing and she graciously allowed me to take a pic so I could share it with you all. She got the frame (10"x10") from Michaels, removed the glass and has now made this Valentine frame, a Halloween one and also a Christmas one. How adorable is this? I love it! Going to have to find one of these frames next time I'm out shopping. Thanks Linda for sharing it with us all. You are a talented papercrafter!


3 comments:

Jodi R. said...

Despite your misgivings about this card, you are WRONG! This is a wonderful card and everything you did was perfect.

Robin said...

OMW you are so lucky I already bought that set, or you would be in big trouble! LOVE your beautiful card. The colors are amazing!

And WTG on the frame your customer (who should be demonstrating) made! Wow!

Maureen (Moe) Buck said...

Emma, I think the kites look great... if you would never mentioned the birds as your cover-up, I would've never guessed.

And please tell Linda she did a FABULOUS job. Thanks for sharing her work and allowing it to inspire others.